Friday, January 8, 2016

He Went to Napa

Joe Doyle, one of the youngest of the Doyle boys recently convinced a female race enthusiast into being his girlfriend. I have seen the girl from afar on occasion. Sneaking off to an outbuilding for some alone time, or helping the Doyle boys work on their various race cars. Fist bumping over successfully installing a new (to them) carburetor. Sissy as we will call her on this blog loves to shower Joe with expensive presents. It was one of these presents that caused the first crack in the relationship between Joe and the rest of the Doyles.

The Doyle's don't have volume control. Normally I can hear there regular conversations while sitting at my kitchen table. But on this day I was cleaning out my chicken coop. I had gave up on listening to music because the earbuds did little to block out the sound of hammers on steal, or grinders. Joe Doyle had just got home from a sleep over at Sissy's house, sporting a brand new Iphone 6. This didn't settle well with Jay Doyle.
"I deserve that phone." I couldn't tell if Jay was angry or not, these boys are always yelling at each other.
"I don't see why you deserve this phone, my girlfriend gave it to me." Joe was probably very glad that Sissy wasn't around to witness.
"Because your girlfriend is fat and ugly." Yep, Jay Doyle really just claimed that he deserved this phone because Joe Doyle's girlfriends is fat and ugly. I want to say that she is a little plump, not obese and I wouldn't consider her ugly.

Occasionally while walking to the chicken coop I will hear the Doyle's complaining about Joe getting a girlfriend. The phrase "I don't see why she's with him, he ain't even got a race car" has been uttered more than once.

About a week after this Joe Doyle approached his landlady and asked if she would buy his girlfriend an engagement ring. The landlady of course said no, who would ask their landlord to buy an expensive ring? A few weeks later the landlady and her husband had to travel to another state to finish collecting their things (they have lived here less than a year and still had belongings in storage in the state they moved from). Joe Doyle was suppose to take care of the couples dogs while they were away. He lived there rent free in exchange for doing odd jobs. They day after they left, he also took off and moved in with his girlfriend and her momma. This was the last we have seen on Joe Doyle.

1 comment: